My Primitive Cocktail is a place to discuss alternative treatments for HIV. I support those who only use "Western" medicine but wanted to share natural solutions that have worked for me. I encourage others to share their success stories with natural treatments including natural supplements, nutrition, acupuncture, Reike, etc. I want this blog to be a solution-focused site so please refrain from negative comments. We each have our own path.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Antiviral & Immune Boosting Juicing

Besides taking supplements, I also like to juice vegetables. About 3 years ago I bought the HealthMaster from Living Well / Montel. I bought the HealthMaster because it liquifies the entire vegetable.. So you'll be getting all the Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, and Phyto-Nutrients.. 

I juice once a day every other day through the week.. This past week I juiced 1 Beet, a small bowl of Kale, and 2-3 Carrots. I then add almost a half cup of organic Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV will not only cut out the earthiness of it all, but has many good health benefits. From strengthening the immune system, to curing skin conditions such as acne... I've even read some studies that say ACV can even lower HIV viral loads!

ACV also protects against food poisoning.. I remember my grandmother telling me she knew a man growing up who would take a teaspoon of ACV before every meal. Remembering that, one night not to long ago I was out having a calamari appetizer. It tasted a little funny so I spit it right out. Then I told the waiter to bring me some vinegar as soon as he could.. I then took a teaspoon.. I've had food poisoning from seafood before.. And don't want it ever again.. It's not pretty! lol

Lemon & Ginger are also both great for cutting the earthiness out of any all vegetable juiced drinks. And both are very good for the body & conditions. There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. Like being a strong antibacterial, antiviral, having immune-boosting powers, digestive aid, and liver cleanser. And have even read that Lemons are a potent destroyer of HIV.

As for Ginger?! It's a favorite.. It always gives what ever your juicing a little zing. And make sure you use just a small bit so all you get is just a zing! Because if you use too much, it then becomes a wee'bit spicy and burns! lol .. But adding Ginger tastes great and has many benefits. Like aiding in digestion, alleviating high blood pressure, treats nausea, and lowers LDL cholesterol.

I juice to get all my nutrients yes, but why not try and tackle HIV viral load while at it.. Some of the vegetables that have antiviral properties come from plants like Broccoli, Garlic, Tumeric Root, Mushrooms (Japanese Shiitake, White Button, Maitake, and Reishi), Spinach, Dandelion Greens, Apples, and Mangos. I'm not sure how much juice you can really get from Broccoli & mushrooms, but I snack on them on a regular basis.

I do add Kale & Spinach to my juicing every time. As for Dandelion greens (which is said to have major antiviral properties) be careful, you'll be pissing ALL day!! lol... I added it to my juicing one day & neglected to read everything about it. It has a major diuretic effect! I was frequently urinating at work all through that day.. Every 15-30 minutes!! I started to freak because I thought I was becoming a Diabetic! But when I got home I read on ALL of the side effects... And there it was "a diuretic"... (sigh) Relief..

I can't stress enough on how important juicing or just eating raw vegetables on a daily basis is. Though "you get the same benefits from raw green vegetable juice as you do from eating them whole and usually you get it faster. This is because raw vegetable juice takes less internal work to digest and is absorbed into the body almost instantly." I do know of many people who don't like them. Whether it be for the taste, or for the texture.  I would feel juicing would be best for those individuals.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there...

Til' my next posting, stay pozitive & peace out ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment